Forums » Industrial Engineering

8 Tips to Pass Online Exams

• May 26, 2022 1:27 PM EDT

Summer is coming, as the days get longer and the evenings are getting lighter. Students everywhere know that exam season is rapidly approaching.

Exams are usually taken in a year. You just need to revise the material and be ready to take the exam. However, most exams now take place online so it is important to plan ahead.

We can help you prepare for online exams whether this is your first or second time.

Here are our top tips to help with your online exam success, starting from the initial planning and ending on the day.

1. You can create a learning and revision environment that is productive.

It is important to start creating your own exam and revision environment.

Each person's situation can be unique. It may be challenging to share a home with someone who is also studying or working from home. Ideally, you will find a quiet and private place that works.

It is important to have a flat surface for work. Use whatever you have to create a stable surface for your work, from garden furniture to cabinets to stacked boxes.

To avoid excessive noise, don't wear headphones if you are confined to a single space.

1. Notify your family members and housemates about the exam and study schedule

Everyone in the house should know when the exams are scheduled. This will give them time to plan alternate arrangements and reduce interruptions.

When you're using a common area of your home to study, find the quietest hour to do so. Wear earplugs if you have to work in a common area.

1. Test your knowledge with a mock paper.

If you are taking regular in-person exams, it is a good idea to first try out a mock paper to familiarize yourself with the process. Ask your tutor if it is possible to have a look at the mock paper using the same exam software as the real thing.

Make exam conditions for yourself and test your abilities in the designated study area.

This is a great way to ensure that your space has good internet connectivity, that you are able to stay focused, and that you can navigate the exam software.

1. Software checks should be done every day

Make sure that you arrive at the exam site 45 minutes early so you can be prepared for it.

It depends on the online exam portal that you use, there may be some pre-exam checks. You may need to show your ID card to the camera, or scan the room using your laptop's camera.

It is crucial to ensure that your internet connection and webcam work properly. Portals will check these to make sure you aren’t cheating. You may also be flagged if your internet disconnects or your camera isn’t working.

1. In case of technical difficulties, who do you contact?

Even with all the practice runs, checks, and procedures in the world things still can go wrong. But don't panic! You should ask your tutor for the contact details of someone who will help you if you are having technical difficulties.

Keep the phone number for this person handy so that you can contact them quickly if required. The invigilator can be reached and your exam may be paused or extended depending on the outcome.

1. Comfortable clothing is important

It is well-known that online exams are extremely convenient because you can show up in your pajamas.

Remember that you cannot leave the room during the exam. So make sure you have something comfortable that you will be able to wear throughout the exam.

Exam guidelines should be read before you start, as there might be restrictions on what you can wear. Watches, hooded sweatshirts and coats are all possible.

1. You can take breaks if there are multiple exams

If you were taking exams in-person, you would take a break each time to have a chat with your friends and to review the results. You can, and should, still do this!

Once you have submitted all your answers, take a break from the exam environment to get some fresh air. Call a friend and ask them how it was.

This will help you switch off your brain for a while and let you get a good rest before you head into your next exam. Drinking water is important to keep the mind alert and focused.

1. Keep track of your time

Although it may not feel like a normal exam it is crucial to treat it as one.

Click through the pages before you start the exam. This will allow you to see what is coming up and help your brain formulate answers.

Normal exams will have a large clock and/or an invigilator to remind you of the time. Keep track of the time and check your clock regularly to ensure you don’t run out.

Related article from CollegeBasics:

https://www.collegebasics.com/blog/how-to-get-the-best-online-exam-help/

Related Resources:

8 Tips to Pass Online Exams

8 Key Tips to Success in Online Exams

8 key tips to excel in online exams

8 essential tips to pass online exams

• June 10, 2022 5:09 AM EDT

I read your content and discovered it to be very interesting and beneficial to me. I appreciate the useful information you present in your blog. mapquest driving directions

• July 1, 2022 12:54 AM EDT

The best solution for you is to check all the material and knowledge that you have learned and received, then put yourself and your mind at ease, I did so during my study, my simple solution is rolling ball 3d, anyone can join for free and help them get better

• 2484 posts
    December 12, 2023 3:26 PM EST

I saw remarkable growth in my website's authority and visibility with 백링크업체's content marketing. Highly recommended!

• 2484 posts
    December 20, 2023 7:41 AM EST

강남 토닥이 offers unparalleled relaxation, and Edge Therapy excels in delivering this unique experience, ensuring ultimate satisfaction and well-being.

• 2484 posts
    December 23, 2023 8:36 AM EST

Dive into 해외스포츠중계 and witness sports history being made.

• 2484 posts
    December 23, 2023 3:05 PM EST

안산휴게텔 is where relaxation and rejuvenation meet. Don't miss out in Ansan.

• 2484 posts
    January 6, 2024 7:31 AM EST

I've recommended 오피가이드 to tourists and locals alike.