Forums » Aging

t wasnt intentional," Ranger said. "M

• August 23, 2018 10:37 PM EDT

The NHLs Mar. Cheap Michael Dickson Jersey . 5 Trade Deadline is drawing closer and teams will be deciding on whether to buy or sell. Check out todays trade-related reports and speculation from around the NHL beat. And follow TSN.ca through Deadline Day for all the updates. Kings Ransom With the Los Angeles Kings fighting for a Western Conference playoff berth and just three points up on the wild card zone, is it time for general manager Dean Lombardi to pull the trigger on a deal? The Hockey News looks back at one of Lombardis shrewdest moves - sending Jack Johnson and a first rounder to the Blue Jackets in exchange for Jeff Carter in 2012 – and wonders if the same type of shake-up is available this season. Former Kings Matt Moulson and Mike Cammalleri would work - THN muses - but even a cheaper option like Brad Boyes could also do the trick. Not Going Wild The Minnesota Wild turned heads at the 2013 trade deadline by letting go of prime assets like Johan Larsson, Matt Hackett and a pair of high draft picks for then-Sabres captain Jason Pominville. So, naturally, surrendering all those future assets would naturally take them out of the running to add a major piece this year, right? Not necessarily so, says Wild GM Chuck Fletcher. He told the Minneapolis Star-Tribune that he intends to be more cautious this deadline, but that he wont say no to the right deal. "In a perfect world, I dont want to trade first-round picks in consecutive years," Fletcher told the Star-Trib. "If opportunities come up, sometimes you have to do things, and this first round isnt as deep and our scouts always seem to deliver no matter what picks I leave them with. But it would have to be something pretty special. Id like our guys to have a first-rounder this year." Blue Line Bolts Thanks to injuries on the blue line including Mattias Ohlund and Brian Lee, the Tampa Bay Lightning find themselves with a defence budget to work with ahead of the deadline. With about $3 million in available cap space, the Tampa Bay Times envisions the Bolts looking for a blue line stalwart to help the likes of Victor Hedman and Mark Barberio. The Islanders Andrew MacDonald and Detroits Kyle Quincey headline the Times wishlist. MacDonald averages the seventh-highest ice-time in the league while Quincey - a more expensive rental option would be a more stay-at-home pick-up. Cheap Shaquem Griffin Jersey . Canadas Kaillie Humphries and Heather Moyse will reunite at this weekends season-opening World Cup at Canada Olympic Park as they begin their buildup to the Winter Games in Sochi. Cheap Seahawks Jerseys . At least 90 players who had college eligibility remaining are expected to enter the draft, shattering last years record number of 73. "Its a humongous number, so the first reaction is it makes you step back a little bit," said NFL Network draft analyst Daniel Jeremiah, a former scout with the Baltimore Ravens, Cleveland Browns and Philadelphia Eagles.TORONTO -- Paul Ranger felt the pain in his neck immediately. Down on the ice for several minutes, his mind raced and then found some peace. "Its scary," he said. "But I just remember feeling like, You know what, I am going to be OK. I dont know whats going on, but I can move my legs, I can feel my hands, I can feel my feet and Im going to be OK no matter what." The Toronto Maple Leafs defenceman was back with the team less than two days after suffering a neck injury when he was boarded by Tampa Bay Lightning forward Alex Killorn. Just being at the practice rink Friday for a team photo was another positive sign for Ranger, who was treated and released at a hospital Wednesday night. "Im thankful," Ranger said. "Im OK." Coach Randy Carlyle reported some good news as well: that the 29-year-old had a stiff neck but not a concussion as a result of his head slamming into the glass. "Thats not the world that (doctors) ever described to me," Carlyle said after practice. "They never said that. I know its a big word in todays sports, so I refrain from using it. Right now I was told there was no concussion issues." Ranger confirmed that it was a neck injury, not a head injury. He does not know when he might be able to return to game action, calling his situation a "day-to-day thing right now." When he went down late in the first period of the Leafs 5-3 loss to the Lightning, it looked like it could be much worse. After remaining on the ice for seven minutes, Ranger was taken off on a stretcher and then to the hospital. Ranger was anxious and in a bit of shock at first, but amid that doctors told him he was relaxed and co-operativee. Wholesale Seahawks Jerseys. "I dont want to get into the details, I dont really want to re-live it," he said. "I know that my body and my mind just went into preservation mode. All I could think was just Dont move, stay straight and breathe, and I just kind of breathed three in, three out for the next three to four hours right from the get-go." Ranger praised Leafs doctor Noah Forman, athletic therapists Paul Ayotte and Marty Dudgeon and Lightning trainer Tom Mulligan for the care they administered. "They did a great job all-around," he said. "Even through that stressful time, I felt comforted and loved, really, and cared for." Ranger, who spent parts of five seasons with the Lightning, said Killorn reached out to him but declined to reveal the nature of that dialogue. He does not believe Killorn attempted to injure him. "From what I gather about him is that hes a good kid, and I knew that right from the start that it wasnt intentional," Ranger said. "My friends that I know close in Tampa say that he is a pretty good person, never really means to hurt anybody." Still, Ranger considered it a dangerous play. He avoided watching more than one replay because "that was enough," and didnt want to weigh in on any supplemental discipline for Killorn. "Its not up for me to decide if someone gets suspended or not," he said. "Thats not my call." But Ranger doesnt want to see similar situations happen moving forward. "I think it maybe needs some looking at," Ranger said. "I think theres some reviewing that should be done for the safety of myself and, to be honest, everyone else -- future players."Cheap Hawks Jerseys Cheap Celtics Jerseys Cheap Nets Jerseys Cheap Hornets Jerseys Cheap Bulls Jerseys Cheap Cavaliers Jerseys Cheap Mavericks Jerseys Cheap Nuggets Jerseys Cheap Pistons Jerseys Cheap Warriors Jerseys Cheap Rockets Jerseys Cheap Pacers Jerseys Cheap Clippers Jerseys Cheap Lakers Jerseys Cheap Grizzlies Jerseys ' ' '